Friday, June 8, 2012

Potato Soup

Photobucket

Potatoes are cheap and I love them, so I made potato soup. I looked at a recipe online for some basic guidelines and made it up from there.

I used
10 potatoes
1 can of corn
3/4 of an onion
2 cups shredded cheese (whatever kind you like)
1 cup milk
Sea salt (normal salt works fine...I just had some)
Chives
Water

Chop up the potatoes and onion and put them in a pot. Put enough water in that they're not quite covered. Bring it to a boil, put a lid on, turn the heat down, and simmer until the potatoes are soft. Add the rest of the ingredients, stir it well, and heat it 'til the cheese melts. It's very tasty. This recipe makes enough for two people to eat for two or three dinners.

Edit 5/11: It's even better with a package of frozen broccoli and some red pepper, my husband's suggested additions when I taught him how to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment