Friday, June 8, 2012

Pineapple Chicken

Photobucket

I found a can of pineapple in the fridge, so I made pineapple chicken. I looked at recipes online for inspiration and did my own thing based on the ingredients available and what I thought would taste good.

I used
1 large chicken breast
4 pineapple rings
Pineapple juice
Reduced-sodium soy sauce
Thyme
Salt
Pepper

I cooked the chicken breast in a little butter, and when it was partly done, I sprinkled thyme, salt, and pepper on top, and then added the pineapple rings and a couple of tablespoons each of soy sauce and pineapple juice. I added more of the latter two as it evaporated as the chicken cooked the rest of the way and made brown rice (the instructions are on the package, yo) and green peas (in a skillet with some butter) to go with it. This recipe makes enough for two people for one dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment