Saturday, September 29, 2012

Cheesy Mexican Rice

Photobucket

This is part recipe I found on the back of a shredded cheese bag, part taco seasoning recipe I found online, part me.

For every two servings,
1/2 cup (uncooked) brown rice
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup shredded cheese, Mexican/fiesta blend
1/3 cup salsa
Generous amounts of chili powder, oregano, black pepper, and garlic
1/4-1/2 tsp. red pepper
Salt to taste

Cook the rice according to the package. If you're using frozen corn, add it to the rice when the rice has around 20 minutes left to cook. If you're using canned, about 10 minutes should do. When the rice is cooked, add the salsa, spices, and cheese, and stir until the cheese melts.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! Leftovers would be great wrapped in a tortilla.

    It is amusing to me how small your portions are. I guess I have been cooking for a lot of people for too long. :oops: But your portions are great for just two people. :-)

    ReplyDelete